At MALA CHETTY we are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. We are open and transparent about how we collect data, how were use the data and how we protect your personal data. Personal data is data about an identified person who is identifiable by this personal data. In this privacy statement we explain how we work, for example we indicate which type of personal data is processed by us and for what purpose.
We are committed to protecting the privacy and personal data of all our customers, business partners and other visitors to our website. All personal data is therefore carefully stored, processed and secured.
MALA CHETTY complies with all obligations arising from the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and other Dutch privacy laws.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
We collect and process only the data that is required to allow us to provide our services to you. We collect the following data when browsing or shopping at Malachetty.com:
- We process the personal information required to complete and dispatch your purchase, including your name, billing address, delivery address, payment details, mobile number, telephone number and email address.
- We collect your e-mail address in order to send you a confirmation of your order; we collect your telephone number so that we can contact you if there are issues with the order and for shipping information by our carrier DHL.
- We collect your email address when you sign up to receive MALA CHETTY News.
- If you register for a MALA CHETTY account, we collect your name, email address, password, country, day and month of birth and additional information regarding your favorite products and your marketing preferences.
- When you contact our customer service, we may collect additional data to help us resolve any queries relating to your order, delivery, payments, marketing, the website or other queries.
- We collect and process data about your browsing on Malachetty.com, including the pages you visit and how you interact with these pages.
- If you have registered for an account, we collect browsing data about your access to the dedicated areas of the website.
- If you are a customer of www.malachetty.com or if you have given us your consent, we may collect and process your personal data for direct marketing activities.
- If you provide us with someone else's data, for example, if you buy a product as a gift to a friend, we will process the personal data necessary to process the transaction such as your girlfriend's name, delivery address and other contact details.
- When you call our customer service, your call will be recorded for training purposes and fraud prevention.
HOW DO WE USE THE PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT?
We collect and process your personal data for the following purposes:
- To fulfill our contract with you, including taking payment, shipping and delivery
- To provide you with relevant information about our products and services through our marketing communications and advertisements
- To help you take full advantage of our website, including placing and holding products in your shopping basket and using services such as Wish Lists
- To improve the performance of our website and our promotion of the website
- To allow our customer service team to help you with queries and requests
- To send you updates to mportant information such as our Terms and Conditions
HOW LONG DO WE STORE YOUR DATA?
Your personal data will be stored and processed by us for as long as necessary. The specific retention period will vary according to the reason for processing your personal data. After this period, your data will be permanently erased or otherwise irreversibly rendered anonymous. We will also not keep your personal data for longer than five years, unless applicable legislation requires otherwise.
We may share your personal data with the following external service providers that process personal data on behalf of MALA CHETTY: media agencies and technical suppliers (for distribution of physical and digital direct marketing and product promotions), companies for checking your address, communication agencies for sending your order confirmation, warehouse and distribution suppliers in connection with the delivery of your order, payment service providers for your payment, research and analysis agencies for our internal data analysis purposes.
You have the right to request a copy of the data that we hold about you (and we will provide this to you free of charge once we have confirmed your identity).You have the right to ask us to correct any inaccuracies in the personal data we hold about you and to stop us using your data until it has been corrected. You can also update your own information at any time by logging into My Account at malachetty.com. You have the right to withdraw your consent to marketing at any time by calling our Customer Care team. You have the right at any time to oppose our processing of your personal data on the basis of our legitimate interest. You will need to explain the reasons behind your request and allow us to consider your request and respond.
You have the right to request the deletion of your personal data. After receiving and reviewing your request, if legitimate it will be our responsibility to cease processing promptly and to delete your personal data.
If you wish to exercise your rights to withdraw, access, correct and / or delete your personal data that we store and / or process, please send us an email at [email protected]
REGISTER (FOR NEWSLETTERS)
If you no longer wish to receive information about MALA CHETTY, you can unsubscribe at any time by sending an email to [email protected]
SECURITY AND MANAGEMENT OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We use various security measures, including encryption for account passwords and authentication tools, to guarantee the security of your personal data. Your personal data is stored behind secure networks and can only be accessed by a limited number of people with special access rights to these systems.
PERSONAL INFORMATION AUTHORITY
We are happy to assist you with any complaints you may have regarding the processing of your personal data. However, you also have the right to file a complaint with the Dutch Data Protection Authority if you believe that we do not comply with applicable privacy legislation.
ADJUSTMENTS TO THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT
You should bear in mind that sending information via the internet is never completely secure. We cannot guarantee the security of information while it is still underway via the Internet and sending that information is at your own risk. We can only make every reasonable effort to protect your personal data and ensure a reliable and safe environment for the use of your personal data. If you use a shared computer or a computer in a public area, we recommend that you close your browser when you have completed your user session to ensure that others do not have access to your personal data.
This privacy statement was last revised in January 2019